top of page

New Assemblyman, Congressman Elected

Unofficial election results as of last week show Brandon Williams edged Francis Conole by less than 1 percent of the vote to become the area’s new member of the House of Representatives.

Williams, a Republican, had 50.6 percent of the vote, or 131,613 votes, in the newly designed 22nd New York Congressional District. Conole, a Democrat, had the remaining 49.4 percent with 128,393.

Although Williams declared victory the day after the elections, Conole as of presstime had not conceded.

In Oneida County, Williams won by a larger margin, with almost 62 percent of the vote. He was also on the Conservative line.

Local voting for the Congressional seat now held by Claudia Tenney show:

Augusta: Williams 436; Conole 158

Kirkland: Williams 1,671; Conole 2,085

Marshall: Williams 527; Conole 251

Sangerfield: Williams 530; Conole 314

In Madison County Williams won with about 60 percent of the vote. Locally:

Brookfield: Williams 637; Conole 239

Madison: Williams 660; Conole 429

Brian Miller won the new 122nd Assembly District now represented in parts by John Salka and Ken Blankenship. Republican Miller received 63.6 percent with 25,742 votes. He also ran on the Conservative line.

Democrat Dan Buttermann received almost 34 percent of the vote with 13,607; Working Families candidate Colton Mennig received 1,124 votes.

Locally, the votes were:

Augusta: Miller 428; Buttermann 145; Mennig 11

Kirkland: Miller 1,791; Buttermann 1,814; Mennig 98

Marshall: Miller 526; Buttermann 210; Mennig 11

Sangerfield: 548; Buttermann 280; Mennig 15

Brian Maher will represent the Town of Brookfield in the state Assembly, beating Matthew Mackey 29,859 to 17,947. In Brookfield - the only Madison County town in the new District - the vote was Maher 663; Mackey 191.

Madison County voters appear to have elected Rhonda Youngs as Madison County judge. Bradley Moses received 5,643 votes on the ballot, while 16,268 people submitted a write-in candidate. Youngs was running as a write-in.

In Brookfield Moses received 360 votes, while 435 people wrote in a candidate.

In Madison Moses 271; write-in 706.

Democrat Sen. Chuck Schumer won re-election 3,124,000 to the 2,414,478 votes gathered by Republican Joe Pinion. In Oneida County Schumer actually lost to Pinion, 42,824 to 28,273.

The majority of votes in Augusta, Marshall and Sangerfield went to Pinion.

Madison County also went for Pinion, 14,287 to 11,058 for Schumer. The majority of votes in Brookfield and Madison went to Pinion.

Statewide, Democrat Kathy Hochul won a full term as governor with just under 3,000,000 votes. Republican challenger Lee Zeldin had 2,666,066 votes

Zeldin carried Oneida County, 47,712 to 24,340.

Locally, Augusta was Hochul 153; Zeldin 452; Kirkland Hochul 1,970; Zeldin 1,828; Marshall Hochul 215; Zeldin 575; and in Sangerfield Hochul 288 and Zeldin 563.

Madison County also went for Zeldin, 15,664 to 9.875.

Brookfield votes were Hochul 194 and Zeldin 703. Madison votes were Hochul 399 and Zeldin 695.


The full story is in this week's edition of the newspaper. 

bottom of page