The Village of Clinton celebrated two birthdays in December. The Kirkland Town Library and the Kirkland Art Center both celebrate a Dec. 11 birthday. The KTL opened in 1901 and the KAC in 1960. In 1901, “the 32 circulating books were housed in two rented rooms of the Sigma Phi Fraternity house. This 19th Century Victorian building, built in 1871, is still the home of the library,” KTL’s website states. In 1960, the KAC used the “second floor of the town library as a meeting place before moving to its multi-arts center on the village green,” its website states.
top of page
The full story is in this week's edition of the newspaper.
bottom of page